Tick-Borne Diseases of Humans
Comprehensive information on the biology, ecology, and clinical aspects of these diseases.
• Presents state-of-the-art information on disease epidemiology, transmission, and ecology.
• Integrates divergent information relevant to the full spectrum of tick-borne diseases, incorporating tick biology and identification, distribution of the diseases ticks transmit, and various strategies for tick control.
• Reviews the clinical approach to a patient with a possible tick-borne affliction.
• Features in-depth profiles of specific diseases, including information on disease history, biology, epidemiology, ecology, transmission, clinical manifestations, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
• Examines the geographical distribution of tick-borne diseases and their vectors.
Washington, D. C.
Tick-borne diseases, Arachnid vectors, Ticks
Entomology | Infectious Disease
Goodman, Jesse L.; Dennis, David T.; and Sonenshine, Daniel E., "Tick-Borne Diseases of Humans" (2005). Biological Sciences Faculty Books. 3.