Poetry Quartet, 1st Annual Arts Reunion
Riverview Playhouse, 3910 Granby St., Norfolk
Members of the Old Dominion University Poetry Quartet:
- Genevieve McGiffert has been a professor of music, conductor, stage director, singer, actress, voice teacher and coach, and an accompanist. She has appeared on stage in "Macbeth" and "Twelfth Night."
- Hope Mihalap, former coordinator of the arts at ODU, is a well-known performer, writer, and active participant in the arts in Tidewater. She is presently hosting a weekly radio program devoted to opera.
- Benjamin Clymer, librarian and actor, has appeared in numerous stage productions, including "The Cocktail Party," "The Caine Mutiny Court Martial," "A Streetcar Named Desire," "Twelve Angry Men," "What the Butler Saw," and "Hamlet."
- Charles Burgess, administrator and ODU faculty member, has had leading roles in "Under Milkwood," "The Homecoming," and "Waiting for Godot." He is the author of Drama: Literature on Stage.
- The founder and producer of the programs for the Poetry Quartet is Roy Aycock whose articles on Shakespeare have appeared in The Musical Quarterly, Modern Language Review, and The South Atlantic Bulletin. He is a faculty member at ODU.
The Poetry Quartet performed at "The Final Reunion, Now and Then. AWP Reading: Daniel Hallpern, Charles Wright" at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, September 29, 1978 at the Riverview Playhouse 3910 Granby St., Norfolk during an Intermission. The Poetry Quartet gave its first performance of the year in a program of dramatic readings called "Great Scenes from Shakespeare." They performed scenes from Richard II, Richard III, Measure for Measure, Macbeth, Othello, and Twelfth Night.
Poetry Quartet, "Poetry Quartet, 1st Annual Arts Reunion" (1978). 1st Annual ARTS Reunion at ODU: September 25-29, 1978. 34.