"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare."
--Poet and Librarian Audre Lorde
Poetry Slam Guidelines:
- Please prepare three poems for three rounds of competition.
- Each solo poem should be of the poet's own creation.
- Memorization is not required.
- Each poem should be no longer than three minutes.
- Poets will not need props or background music.
- The Libraries strive to create a safe and inclusive environment. No hate speech of any kind allowed.
The winning poets for 2021 are:
- 1st Place: Marquita Snow
- 2nd Place: Pettie Perkins
- 3rd Place: Rachel Mantos
A recording will be available soon.
Submissions from 2021
Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned, Rachel R. Mantos
Just the Ones That Made the News, Rachel R. Mantos
Van Gogh, Rachel R. Mantos
Definitions, Iris (Pettie) Perkins
Letter to My 12 Year-Old Self, Iris (Pettie) Perkins
Skills, Iris (Pettie) Perkins