About the Poet
Kashvi Ramani is the current (2022) Youth Poet Laureate of Arlington County. She is currently a Junior in high school. In 2022, she was named a YoungArts Finalist in the Theater and Merit winner in Writing for Spoken Word Poetry. Since 2019, she has won several Scholastic Writing awards for her Poetry and other categories like Personal Essay/Memoir, Dramatic Script, Novel and Short Story. Her poetry has been published in Rattle, the YoungArts Anthology, Brown Girl Magazine, Loudoun Community Magazine, Collaborative Solutions for Communities, Poetry Society of Virginia, SEEMA, American Kahani, and AsAm News. She has been a member of the Virginia Young Poets in Community and the DC Slam Youth Poetry Team and is the current vice president of poetry club as well as an editor for the literary magazine at her high school. Kashvi derives inspiration for her poetry from topics important to her and those she cares about. She hopes to offer a unique perspective with her work as a young female Indian-American and make a difference in her own small way.
Virginia City or County Affiliation
Years of Residence in Virginia
Current City/State of Residence
Year of Birth
Published Works or Performances
- Blueberries & Bliss. Brown Girl Magazine, 2022.
- My First Birthday Was in an Orphanage. Rattle, 2022.
- To Find Moksha. Mending Walls, 2022.
- Dodda in a Day. Words Beats & Life, 2022.(Winner of the International Human Rights Arts Festival Creators of Justice Award, Youth Category, 2022.)
- Woman Redefined. Loudoun County Magazine, 2021.